Blog over de restauratie van mijn '50 Studebaker Commander

Horn button

DSC_2946

Today I finished fixing the horn buttton. It was scratched, the paint was partly gone and the rest was discolored. It took me a while to remove the rests of the old paint with a mild paint stripper, a load of cotton swabs and a lot of care. I sanded the inside with small pieces of sand paper 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and finally 2500 untill all the scratches and pits from the paint remover were gone. After polishing the inside and outside I went to find the right colors of paint in the form of touch up pencils. Ultra small paint brushes and more care did the rest.

I am quite happy with the result.

Advertenties

Geef een reactie

Vul je gegevens in of klik op een icoon om in te loggen.

WordPress.com logo

Je reageert onder je WordPress.com account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Twitter-afbeelding

Je reageert onder je Twitter account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Facebook foto

Je reageert onder je Facebook account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Google+ photo

Je reageert onder je Google+ account. Log uit / Bijwerken )

Verbinden met %s