Blog over de restauratie van mijn '50 Studebaker Commander

Primer

Today I had the time to clean the exterior of the engine, tape it off and spray it with the primer. It makes quite a difference.

What I had not yet mentioned was that I found a New Old Stock cylinder head to replace the cracked one. Amazingly I found it here in the Netherlands at just a two hour drive. It weighs about 700 grams (a pound and a half) more than the old one. I presume this is what has rusted away in 60 years. Anyway, I sprayed it as well.

I also replaced the studs from the exhaust manifold to exhaust flange (The thread had gone) brushed and painted it with a heat resistant steel color paint. Let’s see how long that stays.

Advertenties

Eén reactie

  1. Ted.

    Fabulous -this is going to be some Stude!

    16 oktober 2012 om 19:56

Geef een reactie

Vul je gegevens in of klik op een icoon om in te loggen.

WordPress.com logo

Je reageert onder je WordPress.com account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Google+ photo

Je reageert onder je Google+ account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Twitter-afbeelding

Je reageert onder je Twitter account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Facebook foto

Je reageert onder je Facebook account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Verbinden met %s